Thursday, April 26, 2012

Having Fun with Henna!

Last Fall I went to a henna workshop at the ENC in Newport Beach.  I was interested in learning more about henna and excited to create henna designs myself!  The workshop was so much fun!  Since I went to the beginners workshop last year, I've taken off with creating henna designs and doing henna on friends and family.  I also went to the advanced henna workshop in March.

I highly recommend going to the workshop if you're interested in henna.  Sama Wareh who teaches the class is an amazing henna artist and you will leave with knowledge you didn't previous possess about henna, your own henna cone, a henna tattoo book and beautiful henna on your hand. :)

Maybe you're wondering, what is henna though?  Henna is temporary dye paste made of a plant called Lawsonia Alba which is native to the Middle East and has spread to many parts of the world.  It is a very important plant in the Mediterranean region.  Henna is made by grinding up the plant (leaves specifically) and mixing it with tea and essential oils such as lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree oil.  When applied to the skin it circulates the blood and it also helps with Arthritis and helps battle pimples and acne as well.  Also don't forget, the tea itself is packed with Antioxidants!  It smells divine too.

This Sunday from 9-1pm at the Art & Craft Fair at the Long Beach Marina, I'll be doing henna and selling my DoodleHead cards.  Stop by and mention this blog post and I'll give you $2 off a hand of henna!

Here are some hennas I've done!




My aunt's baby belly!




*post by Carly

No comments: