Sunday, December 6, 2009

Homeschool Book Club


(by Carly)
I've recently started a homeschool book club. There weren't really any book clubs for the homeschool community near Long Beach, so I thought, heck, why not create my own? At the moment the club consists of me, and my friends Lauren, Katie, Meagan and Annabel. At first the book reading kinda got off to a bumpy start. The first book that I picked was by one of my favorite authors, but I hadn't read it, and it turned out to be...lets just say...not what I thought it would be like! A bit bizarre. But we've just finished Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris. We had a great discussion about it, and some yummy gingerbread lemon cupcakes, homemade by Annabel! Whoever picks the book, brings a snack and leads the meeting. Here is our list of "books to read" for the book club: Leonardo's Shadow, A Mango Shaped Space, Ophelia, The Smile, The Secret Life of Bees, The Rising Star of Rusty Nail, Tuck Everlasting, Mara Daughter of the Nile, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life. Happy Reading!

No comments: