Monday, April 25, 2011

Gooey Gunk


by Allie
Nate and I found this really cool book called The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions. I flipped through the book and then I found the perfect recipe! It is called Gooey Gunk. Then we had to find what we would needed for the goo. Luckily, we had all of the ingredients.

It called for:
(solution A)
1 cup water
1 cup white glue
7 drops of food coloring
(solution B)
1 1/3 cups of warm water
4 tsp. borax laundry booster

Here's how to make it:
*Mix ingredients in solution A together in a bowl
*In another bowl mix the ingredients in solution B together (until Borax is dissolved)
*Slowly pour solution A into solution B (do not mix)
*Roll solution A around in solution B 4- 5 times (I used my hand)
* Lift solution A out of solution B and knead for 2-3 minutes
*play and store in an airtight container when you are done
*Don't wear your favorite sweater while making this (but it will come off in the wash if you do).


When I first took the goo out of the bowl with water in it, it was really gooey and it was kind of gross, but it was fun to play with. When I kneeded it, it became less watery. The goo became slimy and stretchy.

"Allie made a gum factory and I made a burrito and pancake factory. It was fun!" - Nate


No comments: